glass lens and marker light housing wanted

Guest imported_DustyOne

Guest imported_DustyOne

I am looking for a marker light housing that was used on GMC large trucks and busses. It was manufactured by Guide and the part number on the underside of the housing is 5936151. They were made in both paint and chrome. The chrome lens bezel is marked "Guide MB-5" and the lenses came in Red, Amber, Green, White, & Pink. The housing is 12 3/4" long without the lens and 15" with the lens attached.

The part numbers were case into the base of the glass lens. The lens is bee hive shaped and measures 3 1/4" across and 2 1/2" high with 2 half round cut outs for the screws to go through at the edge.

Part numbers for the lenses are:

5936789W = white (clear)

5938286P = pink

5936412G = green

5936148A = amber

5936147R = red

Dusty, These were standard issue on GMC heavy deisel trucks used up until the trucks were discontinued by Volvo White. Volvo White still carries a lot of parts for GMC trucks. Of course you may be able to find replacement look-a-like lights at any heavy duty truck parts dealer. I don't know where you're located, but if on the East Coast I might be able to help you. Wayne

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_DustyOne

tried to send you an e mail but it bounced. frown.gif I am in CT and would appreciate any help you can give me in locating these glass lenses...... thanks DustyOne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest imported_DustyOne

Thanks for the reply. I am still looking and patiently working my fingers through every box of glass lenses at every flea market that I go to. So far, I have only found one and that is an amber lens. Thanks for any help that you can give me on this....... thanks again.... Dusty...