WANTED: 72 Olds 98 455 Ported vacuum switch

Hello,

I'm trying to locate a thermo vacuum switch for my 72 olds 98. Its got the 455. This switch screws into the manifold infront of the carburetor. It has 3 vacuum ports and two spade terminals where a plug is connected. Any help in locateing a switch is greatly apreciated!!!

Thanks

Chris Short

Your part # is: Group 2.410, p/n 410052, switch, dist. vac control on intake manifold, all 1971-72 V8.

Here's the bad news. The thing fits 1971-72 442, and that crowd can be ruthless when one of these is found. I've seen people nearly come to blows over them at swap meets, and NOS ones will routinely go for $150 or more on ebay.

Chris, I take it you know what the thing does, and in all honesty, unless you're going for a high point restoration, the car will perform better without it.

Hi,

I will try to put a standard one in and try that. But from what the shop manual says its an important peice to aid in accelleration. Will anything else be effected by it not being there? Since the plug isn't hooked up to the switch will this screw up something else?

Thanks,

Chris Short