VACCUUM RETURNS!!

jaxops

I recently purchased 2 very needed parts for my 70 Electra convertible from CARS, Inc. One was the hose from the air breather to the valve cover. The jury-rigged one worked, but always had a slight crimp in it. The correct part was nicely curved and turned to fit without crimping. <BR>The 2nd improvement was the replacement of my 30+ year old vaccuum control under the distributor. I had replaced the blower motor and switch last summer with moderate results. I started the car up, and the blower was "screaming" in high. I was amazed at the difference. I now have air blowing on all of my speed settings.<P>I just thought that I would pass on a small success. cool.gif" border="0

Guest wildcat65401

hey there,<BR> i just bought a new vacum controll for my '69 electra 225 limited 4dr hrdtp.<BR> i've been soo busy putting a new timing chain on my '65 wildcat and trying to get it running properly.<BR> BUT now i can't wait to put this vacum control on the electra after what you said, i'll probably do it tonite when i finish work.<BR> i'll let you know what happens , i hope i get the result you have.<BR> see you later , Paul. grin.gif" border="0

Well? How did it work out? I had a bit of trouble getting the 2 tiny screws out and around the flywheel assy of the distributor. I will have to replace them later, but I did put some oil on them before I put them back, and they screwed in a lot easier.<P>Mark cool.gif" border="0