HELP 65 401 carb

Guest wildcat65401

Guest wildcat65401

PLEASE SEE MY TOPIC RE 65 401 CARB MALFUNCTION,, AND ADVISE ME IF YOU CAN...I NEED HELP...THE DETAILS ARE THERE.,..<BR> THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.<BR> PAUL. tongue.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0

Paul-I'll throw something out since nobody else has. I had a similar deal on a '66 Wildcat with the 4GC. I swapped in another carb and all was well-got into the old carb and really could find nothing wrong. I'm not a carb expert, but I've put in more than a few kits in various carbs over the years-who knows sometimes? That said, since you have been through this already, maybe you have a sticking intake valve. Does it do this both hot or cold engine? I would first rule out mechanical issues-do a compression check-good luck-Dan Mpls. Mn.

So how did it go with the timing chain? When I first got my 65 Wildcat last year, I found a whole pile of nylon pieces in the bottom of my oil pan in the process of just wanting to replace the pan gasket and was glad I found it. Also popped the valve covers and found I was getting hardly any oil up top and some rocker arms were bashed up so sent them out for rebuilding. Now runs great.

Guest wildcat65401

well lapham,<BR> thanks for the advice , i need it!<BR> we're gonna do lots of compression tests tommorrow and check out what you suggested, thanks. <BR> i'll let you know how it goes.<BR> <BR> we'll probably borrow a dwell meter and check that also to make sure.<BR> thanks again , paul grin.gif" border="0

Guest wildcat65401

hey catvert,<BR> the timing chain change went great, no problems at all. we caught it just in time.<BR> anyone else out there with this motor ['65 401] with around 130,000 like i have REALLY needs to check theirs RIGHT NOW!<BR> i'm so glad i did. <BR> if i can just get this fussy 4brl rochester to behave everything will be great. i should know something by tommorrow, i'll let you know.<BR> see ya , paul. grin.gif" border="0