Replacing Photocell - - - HELP!!!!!!!

redreattalady

I am in the process of replacing the photocell. I have the plastic vent near the windshield off, and I can see where it goes. It does not simply pull straight out - it is in a plastic housing. In order to replace it, it looks like I have to twist and pull from below. Then pull old photocell out, and put new one in. Sounds simple!!! Yeah! I can't get my hands in there to do that. Actually, I managed to twist it, but now I can't reach it. By the sounds of other posts, this is an "easy" job. What am I doing wrong??? confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> By the sounds of other posts, this is an "easy" job. What am I doing wrong??? confused.gif </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure if you use the search function you'll find instructions. You aren't the first one to replace one.</div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">WOW that was helpful and welcoming to our newcomer in need.</span>

Exactly what plastic part of the dash do you mean? I removed the vent where the defrost blows. I thought the rest was screwed in, and had to be removed from the front back. More details, please.

Yes, I did search, and search, and search, and found nothing to explain this.

Thanks.

Janice

Guest wally888

An article at reatta.net FAQ (old FAQ, I think)

outlines procedure for Grille and Dash Pad removal

Well, I did it. I replaced the photocell and the left pod switch. (and I didn't break anything - almost, though) It worked! I had lights on the shift indicator and the dimmer switch made the lights brighter and dimmer. Then I put everything back together, and now it doesn't work. I'm sure I didn't change anything putting it back. Any ideas now?

Here's what I used to pry the dash trim pad off - a plastic putty knife. Worked great! It was flexible enough and didn't scratch anything.

Oh, by the way, I really appreciate all the help from this forum!!!

Janice