72 trim code TR970 A65

I just bought a 72 Cutlass Supreme and I have decoded everything from the chassis service manual I picked up on ebay. Everything except the original interior code (TR970 A65). All I have gotten is that it was most likely black. The dor panels and back seat(no front seats) and carpet is black but I don't if it is original. The engine trans and rear end are all original to the car.The paint and top are now black. Original was green and tan (48T)makes me wonder? Green and tan with black int.? Anyway I only paid $400 bucks for a numbers matching car that runs. Where can I get this info?

Please help!! confused.gif !

1974 parts book shows that in 1972, 970 is black and A65 is notchback bench seat. I can't break it down whether it was vinyl or cloth, the parts books don't go there. A 1972 Color & Fabric book will show all the trim codes and patterns, but it's usually expensive since it's a musclecar year.

You're right, Sequoia Green/Covert Beige with a black interior is an odd combination. I'd have expected it to have green or gold.

Guest imported_starfire

All I can tell you is in 67, 68, and 69 model years 970 was for black vinyl strato-buckets in a Cutlass Supreme. The 7 denoted vinyl buckets and the 0 was the code for black. I can see no reason why Olds would have changed the code for 70, 71, and 72.

My guess is that the original owner ordered the car with the A65 (Seat, Custom Sport Front - Includes center armrest and bright moldings) which was a no charge option in the Supreme (Strato-buckets were standard).

AS to why the black with the green? Some people just like black interiors, maybe?

Black and white (ivory) interiors were available with any exterior colors in those days.

Oh, you should be able to tell if it was bench or buckets also from the mounting holes. The bench seat would not have had the inboard mounting holes.