1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Tires

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a question about orginial equipment on a 1972 Old Cutlass. I just complete a restoration of a 1972 Cutlass. I put SS II wheels 14x6 on the car with 215x75R14 whitewall tires. Would like to put white letter tires on instead. Does anyone know the OEM tires and sizes that were put on a Cutlass in 1972? I've been looking at the Firestone Wide-Ovals from Coker Tire, but I was wondering about the Goodyear and the correct size.

The original equipment white-letter option would have been a Goodyear Polyglas GT, Uniroyal Tiger Paw or Firestone SuperSports Wide-Oval bias-belted "low-profile" tire, size G70-14. Firestone still offered a single pinstripe whitewall Wide Oval that year which would also be correct for your car.

The standard OE whitewall would have been a single 1" whitewall for Cutlass and S, or a dual-pinstripe whitewall for Supreme, size G78-14 bias-belted. The same manufacturers and General made these.

The current comparable size in modern radials is 215/75R14 for whitewalls or 225/70R14 in white letter. Most tiremakers still offer these sizes.