"A Gathering of the Buicks" Lenoir, North Carolina 4/24/2004

NCBRIJEN

Anyone else planning to be at the "Gathering of the Buicks" in Lenoir, North Carolina this Saturday April 24th? We will be gathering at the Western Carolina Expo & High Country Flea Market on HWY 321. Gates open @ 8:00AM

See Ya'll there!

:-)

I drove 379 miles to attend as a spectator with my 10 year old son. It was a beautiful day for the show! It was kind of a disappointment as far as turnout goes. There was a 1910, no 20's, a beautiful '33 coupe, some nice late 30's, 40's, some 50's through 70's, and several generic later models. Having a '29 basket case and a 1930 under restoration, I was really hoping to see some early cars. I also had hoped to see someone selling parts or literature. However, the display of literature was only that, a display, and except for a few die-cast cars and free catalogs that normally come with HMN, no other stands were to be found. It was a nice trip, but it could have had a better pot-o-gold at the end. Fortunately, we came across a street rod show on the way home with some very tastefully done early cars.

I have to agree that the turnout was disappointing. I can only hope that next year it will be at least twice the size as this year was with a lot more lit and info to be had. The more folks that know about it the more folks that will participate to make it a better show. I also saw the hot rod get together on RT 321.