1937 Packard 120 Info Needed

pint4

I am looking for a close up photo(s) of the correct door handles for a 1937 Packard Model 120 Convertible Coupe. I would like a couple of different angles. I plan to carry the photos with me to swap meets and want them so I can identify the correct handles. It would be nice if there was a ruler in the picture so I know the correct dimensions. My email address is pint4@new.rr.com

Thanks.

Bob

Just a follow up to say I have not had any responses to my request for handle information. Does anyone have any other ideas where I might be able to find the information such as some Packard archives library somewhere? Thanks. Bob

Guest imported_buggboy

Hi:

If you look at the Packard Club website, they have a treasure trove of info, plus a lot of archival photos. You might look for the roster keeper info for the pre-war 120's, and ask him for a pic. I own a 38 120, but it's a Henney bodied Hearse. I'd be happy to send you a closeup pic of the door handles if you want. However, I am not sure at all whether they would be the same 37 to 38, and if Henney put different handles on (I doubt it).

Regards

Jase (Check my website for pics of the hearse)

• 2 weeks later...

JT and Buggboy,

Thanks for the replies. Buggboy-I like your 38 Packard Hearse, looks like a solid car. I have always thought Packard Hearses were stately and dignified due to Packard's classic front end design. I do believe 38 Packard 120 exterior door handles are different from 1937. JT-I have looked at a lot of photos 1937 Packard 120's but seeing the door handle detail is the challenge. I need a close-up photo or two showing the handle detail from the side and top sides. A couple of dimensions would also be helpful. It would be nice to have them for reference as I dig through all those piles of parts at this summer's swap meets.

Thanks.

Bob

Guest imported_buggboy

Bob:

Thanks for the kind words about my 38, she has a buncha surface rust but is really quite solid for 66 years old. The older hearses really are quite stately, I agree. Hopefully this summer between the airshows I will have a chance to start working on her in depth. I'll send you some closeups of the handles anyway, just on the off chance that they will work for you. Take me a few days tho, as I keep the car at my hangar which is some distance from the house.

Regards

Jase

The handles on the 38, even a Henney, will probably be different than those on a 37 120. The factory 38s used a fluted handle that was stainless capped, this matched the trunk hinges and handle and also interior handles and cranks. I hae never seen those on a 37. I have an original, unrestored 37 120 and I can send you photos of those handles if you want.