Frame Transplant

Ok a few weeks back I saw someone ask about slipping a newer frame under an older Buick (40's) body. This got me to thinking so I've looked around this site and can't find the posting. Some of the answers given suggested the best choices of "frame donor" car to pick from. So does anyone remember the posting?

Guest Skyking

There was a car at this years national. I think it was a 47 or 48 red convertible. It had a newer frame under it. The car was drop dead gorgeous. I will have to replay my video back to see the year. Does anyone remember this car?? The guy did a hell of a job on it. I think it had a 455 under the hood...............

The use of a later model frame is a sensible way to make your car more drivable. The suspension parts are easier and cheaper, and they handle much better. Fisher body did not change the line they ran the bodies on for many years consequently the body mounting areas were the same. You will have to measure your particular vehicle and see what frame is the closest match.The thing to watch for is the rear upper arms which will protrude into the back seat area. smile.gif" border="0