1960 Dodge and 1960 Olds wagons need to be saved

Pontiac59

There's a '60 Olds 88 wagon and a '60 Dodge wagon both here in a junkyard that is slowly scrapping out. The Olds looks solid, but the engine has had a head off for ages - it's probably been parked 25 years. I happened to find out these are fairly rare, so if someone is looking - especially for one for a custom - this might be it. Factory air on it and likely other goodies too. If someone is interested I can go get some photos and evaluate it better - around here most the X-frames rot from about the rear seat on back. This one's not sitting in the dirt though so it could be okay. If coming up with an engine and trans isn't beyond your ability, and you can handle picking the car up in upstate New York, probably about $750 would do it. I would think the unique-to-wagon parts alone would be worth it if someone needs them. But by the end of the summer it will be gone - the guy has already done away with all of his 1959/60 Pontiacs save one 2dr, and there were a couple of '59 wagons in that group. Just a matter of time.

The '60 Dodge was good enough someone took a fender but one could be rounded up from a sedan. It has rockers in it and is overall pretty solid - places where a parts car at another location has rotted out, this one hasn't (headlights, tailgate, quarters on top behind fins). It's a V8, automatic car. It would need a lot, but it's good starting material. These are pretty uncommon, and this would be a real standout. It's factory red with white top, too, so it's a desirable color. Same deal on pickup and price, I do have photos of this one. Has to be worth someone's time, but I won't waste you west coast guy's time with them - you won't want 'em, nor will anyone who's idea of a restoration is a tune up, a brake job, and a buff and wax job. They might need some patch panels in the floors, they'll need the engines rebuilt or replaced, paint jobs and the seats redone. But both are straight and mostly complete - about 95% on both cars.

Same place has a '55 Pontiac Safari, although it's been stripped pretty well. It does have a gate and a lot of unique to this car stainless left though.

Private message or e-mail through my profile for details. I'd like to see someone take them, if only for parts cars.

Guest imported_Irongang

Dang, I'd love to have that Olds wagon but...

a) no money

B) nowhere near New York

c) no place to park another '60 Olds.

frown.gif