'20 Twin Six Engine Color

Guest Tom Timmins

Guest imported_49packard

I have seen the list of engine colors at the packardclub.org and then I see packards 48-50 and maybe newer with the green engine color. According to the packard web site they should be grey if I remember correctly. What color are the 48-50 suppose to be?

David

I see that also, but my '53 and those I have seen have green (dark green) engine colors and that is even what Bill Hirsch offers, so I don't know where the grey color comes from. That has been questioned several times and perhaps is an error on the pac site engine color page. Then, too, there is no inidcation on the chart of a blue Packard engine, but I have both a '56 Clipper Custom and a '55 Clipper Deluxe parts car whose engines are blue, not turquoise, but blue. Crawling around under the car and removing parts to reveal nooks and crannies, blue was it. However, on my '56 I have repainted it a teal or turquoise color.

Guest Randy Berger

As I recall this discussion, which is ongoing, both grey and green engines have been found in 48-50 vehicles. Packard was building cars in Canada also and perhaps grey engines were Canadian and green was US. This is just supposition on my part, but both colors have been reported by too many reliable sources to say one color is right and the other wrong.

YFAM, Randy Berger

Guest Albert

I think 51-54's (54 for sure) are gray, both canadian and the US motors 288 & 327ci, the 288 i have was orginally a canadian car and the 327 came from ma both where gray paint under the grease, my Patrician though is a copper colour but its a 359.. all three of my cars are 54's and even have a 1952 288ci that was also gray under the grease.

• 2 weeks later...