Remote abilities

AMarx

I was wondering. When I bought my Maui Blue, the dealer said that if I purchased a 4 button remote, an engine heater would activate - warming the engine. My Reatta came with 2 two button remotes, which activate only the trunk and door locks.

I've finally built up my car to the point where I'm thinking of aesthetics and I'd like to know, has anyone heard of this? Was it even a true option on the Reatta?

I have a 4 button for my 90. There are 2 for lock and unlock, 1 for the trunk, and 1 for the interior lights.

Could this be an aftermarket he is trying to sell you, you know like the remote start remote?

I have only had one car with a block heater (Mercury Grd Marquis) and I had to plug a wire into the outlet in the garage to use it. New Jersey doesn't get THAT cold, so I never bothered.

Where would the energy come from to heat this without manually plugging it in to an outlet? I would imagine it would be a big battery drain.

Sounds like he was trying to give you something that wouldn't work.

Jack

Nothing to do with this.

90 convertible

Just some useless information.

The link to Dambrosia Chysler is here in Salt Lake .

It used to be Hayse Brother Buick Jeep and that is where my 89 Reatta originally came from.

I stop buy there the other day to look at a Chrysler Crossfire (they have 8 on them) .