Wanted '74 Hurst/Olds

Looking for a white '74 H/O. Need to find one that has no rot in the quarters or floors. Preferably a running car in the NorthEast - NYC area.

Thanks,

Jeff

Looked for one for 13 years before finding a suitable one- that was largely original and unboogered, or hadn't been restored incorrectly. I ended up with an appearance package 350 car, but it has Indy history and documentation from new. Also lowest optioned 74 known to H/OCA. Air, AM-FM mono and courtesy lamp package are it. I installed a tilt column for my own convenience.

Just to let you know what you may be up against. 380 W30 cars and 1420 350s built, and typical mid-70s GM attrition rate. My experience is that the original owners usually took care of the cars, but once they got into the used car pipeline and the redneck yahoos got hold of them, they weren't long for the world. And a yahoo with a fat white-trash girlfriend and a couple of snot-nosed yard apes can screw up a car like a Hurst/Olds quicker than you can say scat. Found one that had been painted red "Like the factry ought to have done" and several that had suffered badly done engine transplants. One even had a SBC and Chevy Rally wheels on it. I had driven 3 hours to look at it, but I saw that and got back in the car.

• 3 weeks later...