Seat cover material for 70 Supreme SX

I have a 1970 Cutlass Supreme SX with a black bench seat interior. It is made out of a nylon type fabric and is showing its age, with some fading and a tear that is beginning on the driver's side seatback. Anyone know what this material is called or where it can be found? I'd like to re-cover the front but not many shops around Rochester NY seem to be familiar with the material. I would like to keep the car original and would rather not replace it with standard vinyl. Also, does anyone know if it could be dyed? The rear seat is fine but faded a bit. Thanks for any guidance!!!

www.smsautofabrics.com . Not always inexpensive, but they have come thru for me many times. Tell them what car you have including trim code if you know it (you can get it off the underhood data plate, look for a TR followed by some numbers). They'll send samples if they have it.

I can understand wanting to keep as much of the original seat material as possible, but consider that it is over 30 years old and has probably dry-rotted a bit. Eventually it will crack or split if any pressure is applied to it. If you can find enough yardage to replace all the panels, I'd do it. Or at least buy up enough of it for future repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Great tip. No, they ain't cheap, but this ain't a hobby for folks afraid to part with a buck (or a couple of hundered...)either. They sent me 3 samples of olds cloth from the model year. One matched up so I ordered up enough for my interior guy to take care of both seats. I'm just having the front done for now (the back is in pretty good shape really, just a bit faded) besides, I'll have to save up to get the back done! Thanks again.