1966 wildcat gs on ebay

pphil

It is indeed a sweet car, but there has been a great deal of information posted on the various Buick forums about the problems with this car.

For starters, the car's VIN identifies it as a standard Wildcat, but the car is fitted with a Wildcat Custom interior. Not only that, but Wildcat Custom interiors were not available in red for 1966, so the interior is completely incorrect.

The liberties taken with the car's restoration has raised many questions regarding whether this vehicle is truly a Wildcat GS or whether it has been cloned. The seller has absolutely no documentation for the car and has no idea what restoration work has been performed.

Aside from all of this, the seller has indicated that his reserve is a whopping $65,000, so it's unlikely that anyone will be buying this car anytime soon. The sad truth is that someone may buy the car with the belief that it is a flawless show winner, only to find that it is incorrect in many details.

Guest my3buicks

I contacted the seller. The person that restored the car is now deceased(??) and no records exsist of the restoration or history of the car. Sounds like one I would want to be bidding big bucks on!