Wanted Information electric drive for electric cars Reny ele

Hi all well I think I might have some thing just great as it is a Remy Electric Co Model OB serial 3317 I have a lot of pictures of this it is small but weighs about 40 pounds , It is run off batteries and says if battery is disconected it should oil bearings every 1,000 miles ,there also is a switch for winter driving and summer driving . Is this for a very early electric car ? or if any one has any info on what it is or where to find out please reply here or email me at mmuehlba2000@yahoo.com . Thanks MIKE

1075452722536_Mvc_782e.jpg

1078766073721_Mvc_783e.jpg

This has nothing to do with electric cars,early battery ignition device is my feeble estimation,I would have said motor/generator but for what I perceive is an advance lever as well as a distributor cap. could you post a pic of the other side?

My guess would be 1912-1913 vintage

here are some more pictures on the first pictures is where the lever is so you can have it in summer driving or winter driving ? here are more pics. MIKE

1079107809232_Mvc_786e.jpg

1078228235326_Mvc_792e.jpg

1077111653578_Mvc_793e.jpg

1077427681943_Mvc_795e.jpg

1076381663840_Mvc_799e.jpg

My guess would be a Generator/Distributor. There seems to be a coupling on the one end . This is how most of the magnitos attched. There were a number of cars in the teens and twentys that had something similar. They were Starter/Generator units. My 14 Buick and My 22 Buick have the starter/Generator units with distributors incorporated in them.

Dan

in all my searches on Goggle under remy electric. there is not much on the old company I email Delco with the model # and all they said it was not in there inventory , I think all the old records are lost or does any one know where I would search besides Goggle ? I also get some links to The Liberty Truck . But I am still looking for what this is from . Thanks MIKE

Liberty Truck