keyless entry

Due to the fact that, like most, the keyless entry stopped working on my Reatta for the previous owner. I didn't want to pay the dealership the thousand dollars they wanted to fix it, so I cheaped out and bought a reciever unit from a 1990 on ebay and providing that it works I'll put it in my car. All I want to know is if any key fob will work or do I have to get ones from 90? I have the two originals but the dealership claimed they were bad also. Just thought I would ask around before I went to all the trouble.

I think your in luck. I believe that the 88-89-90 will work.

Go to the Reatta data page and I think you will find the directions for programming the unit. But your still going to need a working key fob. If you not a purest there is a page on the net that sells new key fobs that will work with the unit. http://www.keylessride.com/

Arnie grin.gif

Guest tempest68

Any year FOB for a Reatta will work (or probably any GM FOB from the same years).

Or if you dont care about original look of the FOB, try Remotes Unlimited (www.remotesunlimited.com). I used them for our car. The first set of FOBs they sent me didnt seem to work right. But I returned them, and they sent a second set. The second set worked perfectly after proper setup. If I recall, they charged $39.99 per FOB.

I'm shopping for a remote as well for my '90 and went to the keylessride.com site mentioned in an earlier post. According to their automated search facility, the earliest year they carry for Buick is '93. I placed a call to them and spoke with Ramon. He said that once in a while, they get refurbished OEM style remotes and they sell them for $120. They also offer a "compatable" different style remote for $59 with a 30-day guarantee.

Remotesunlimited.com offers only a "compatable" different style remote for $59.

Hi,

I sorry I can't imagine who I sent your thank you email to but I sent on.

Sorry !! Someone my think I very thanking them.

And again thank you works perfectly.

Arnie

Guest imported_daddy3jr8

Any remote with FCC # ABO0702T - Cadillac or whatever will work. Can get on Ebay for about $20. Go to home page and type in Cadillac remote in search.

I have one of each

#1 Read

DELCO PRODUCTS DIV-GMC

DOC# 218 K828

MODEL /FCC ID# ABO05027

22100943 MADE IN JAPAN

a little dark in color

TX FCC ID# GL09Z6-1507

DOC CERT #K505

DELCO PRODUCTS

ONE TOUCH ENTRY SYSTEM

MODEL 22071507 JAPAN