November Bugle

Got my new Bugle today,Terry Dunham did a great job,as usual,on Buick Racing.Only problem was a picture of the old guy on the cover.I heard he helped build the origional Buick Bug. Even older guy.

I am delighted my friends in Flint enjoyed the early Buick racing article! The photograph Norb supplied is the only one known to exist that shows the rail road box car the Buick Team used to transport the race cars around the country. Roberta, I was able to interview Bob Burman's grand daughter and great grand daughter last weekend in Clio. They had some information AND some photographs I had never seen before! Wait until Joe Taubitz sees your postings. I'll bet he parks a race car on your front lawn! Terry Dunham

Terry, it gets better, there was an article about Laura Wright in this weekend's Heritage Newspaper too. And how her husband decided to tell "the lady with the video camera" that his wife was "Wild Bill's g-g-daughter!<BR>PS, there's always black tire marks in my driveway and other notorious BCA members also, sometimes they are out in the road too, so I don't have to worry about a parked race car, just fast, noisy ones!!!<p>[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: BUICK RACER ]

Guest 70 Electra

Still waiting for MY Bugle here in Rochester MI. Guess it takes a couple of extra days more for our mail than the folks in Flint?? Anyway, sounds like a good issue! wink.gif" border="0

Poor Joe;He did not know he nad a Corvair until he opened the hood to check the oil and couldnt find the dipstick,then a neighbor came by and told him it was not a baby Buick .Of course,by then the guy who sold him the car had left town and Joe is out 10.00$

My November issue arrived today in Australia. It comes "surface mail". but it must have come air. October arrived 2 days ago (this must have been surface mail), but at least it came direct from USA and was not postmarked Austria or France like some issues have been.<p>[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: 1939_Buick ]

Check out the cover at <A HREF="http://www.buickclub.org/bugle/bugle.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.buickclub.org/bugle.htm</A> <BR>Pictured with the Buick Bug, <BR>BCA President, Jeffery Brashares, <P>GM Director of Marketing and Regional Communications, Peg Holmes<P>Author and BCA Member, Terry Dunham<P>Buick Bug Historian and BCA Member, Joe Taubitz(aka The Old Guy)<P>Assistant Director Public Relations of Buick Motor Division, Larry Gustin<p>[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: BUICK RACER ]