We don't need no stinkin' badges...

Guest GeorgeCagle

Guest imported_GeorgeCagle

As the owner of a car with a "poorly" chosen name (see http://www.aaca.org/ubbthreads/showflat....o=&fpart=1) I got to thinking about car badges. Studebaker made two models in 1937, the President and the Dictator. The President has its name everywhere (hubcaps, grill, trunk, horn button, etc.). The Dictator name is not found anywhere on the car. Studebaker is on all the badges. 1937 was the last year for the Dictator, so maybe this has something to do with it. How many other cars out there did not have their model name anywhere on the car?

The 1959 Buick LeSabre has no series identification showing anywhere on the car. My speculation is that Buick made a last-minute decision to drop the old "Special" nameplate for its entry-level series, and no nameplate was ready to install on the new for '59 LeSabre series. (All '59 Buicks carried new series names, but the "Invicta", "Electra", and "Electra 225" all had external series identification.)

1926-28 Pontiac had the name on the radiator shell and on the hub caps. 1929 didn't have the name anywhere. 1930-32 had the name on the hub caps only.

Happy hobbying

And then there are cars with no maker's identification on them. My 1967 Ford Thunderbird only has 'Ford' on the front door kickplates. Nowhere on the outside, nowhere on the inside.

At least the '67 says 'Thunderbird' on it. The only place a '68's name exists is on the side marker panels, where it is almost universally missing by now ...