What happened to all the 69 Impala Sport Coupes?

I've been looking for a nice original small-block equipped 69 Impala Sport Coupe. Sentimental reasons- my parents had one, learned to drive in it, etc. Seems like there aren't any left! I can find Custom Coupes (which I don't like) all day long.

In over a year of casual web and trader magazine looking, I've found two. An SS427 car which is totally out of my price range as well as not exactly what I want, and a 327 car in California which is out of reach due to shipping.

Didn't anyone save Sports Coupes? I know they had rust problems same as all GM cars of that era, but it's hard to believe there are none left.

• 2 months later...
Guest 70 Electra

I've always been fond of the sport coupe roofline; it seems it has been overshadowed by the more popular custom coupe model.

Would you consider a 70 instead of a 69? For the last few years, there has been a maroon Impala sport coupe for sale here in the Detroit area. It is noteworthy because it is an unrestored all-original car, right down to the factory tires, and fan belts. It has under 500 miles on the odometer, and is claimed to be truthful. The car is a 350 2bl, but (fortunately) has turbo 350 and not powerglide (I had a 70 w/ 'glide....what a slug!).