Olds Cutlass relation

Guest Chrome

Hi!<P>My friend told me that he has mid '70s Cutlass for sale, and I'd like to know does it share same body with Skylark, or Century.<P>My interest to that car is only by ut's donor uses, so if Cutlass is related to Skylark it also has leaf springs right?<P>reason why I ask this is my interest about that car rearaxle, I'm swapping my '49 Roadies engine etc. and I need rearaxle. I already has '80 Olds STW axle but I think it is too wide under my car so this Cutlass axle seem better. Only trouble is those leafs (if it has them) ofcourse with that car comes the frame too where I'd take all necessary stuff.<P>Is it wise to buy Cutlass or should I search something better? opinions more than needed!!

Guest Shaffer

I think you all are getting the cars mixed up. The 73-77 Oldsmobile Cutlass is the same as the 73-77 Buick Century/Regal. Rear coil springs. The late 60s thru 1972 Skylark was the same as the late 60s thru 1972 Cutlass. Then in 1973 Buick had an Apollo with leaf springs, similar to the Chevrolet Nova and Olsmobiles version was the Omega. However, Skylark name returned in 1975, but it was like the Apollo, with leaf springs. You can go to <A HREF="http://www.buicks.net" TARGET=_blank>www.buicks.net</A> and click on "production numbers" for 73 Buicks and the 73 Regal is pictured. You can see the makes for 73. You can also click on 1974 and 1975 and see the Buick Apollo for 1974 (Nova) and Skylark for 1975.

Thank you all!<P>I was thought that Cutlass were same as Skylark and Standard catalog of Buicks said that Skylark has Leaf springs.

Guest Shaffer

The Skylark of 1975 thru 1979 did have leaf springs. It was basically a Chevrolet Nova from 1975-1979 - or whatever the last year was. Then in 1980, the Skylark was front-drive, with full-coil suspension.