1929 Pontiac - Probably really a 1930 Pontiac coupe

After more research, looks as it is really a 1930 Pontiac Standard Coupe with a "style no." of 30307.

Thanks to all for the help. I am now working on a "puller" since the BIG hammer approach did not obtain results..............yet.

Tom Gattie

Clovis, California

Technically speaking Pontiac did not produce cars by year until 1932. Your 30307 tells me it is a New Series Big Six (6-30) Standard Coupe. This would have been built in or after January 1930 as the series was announced to the public in February 1930. The first 1930 Pontiacs (those sold after September 1929 would have been 6-29A series and your style number would have been 8950. So your car was definitly built in 1930 and any other make would have called it a 1930.

Happy hobbying.

• 6 years later...
Guest kmankmc
Technically speaking Pontiac did not produce cars by year until 1932. Your 30307 tells me it is a New Series Big Six (6-30) Standard Coupe. This would have been built in or after January 1930 as the series was announced to the public in February 1930. The first 1930 Pontiacs (those sold after September 1929 would have been 6-29A series and your style number would have been 8950. So your car was definitly built in 1930 and any other make would have called it a 1930.

Happy hobbying.

look at the car it is not a coupe but a 4-dr sedan it can not be 1929 look at the window pillars the hood and rear section totaly different from 1929 i own a 29 coupe the body stle # is also wrong for the 1930 4dr sedan it can only have 2 body style #'s 302 for standard 4Dr or 309 for Custom 4dr not 307 that is coupe this is a sedan!this is a fisher body

Kmankmc, I think you might have the two postings mixed up. The first person posted a comment on a coupe, the second person's posting included a picture of a different car, not the coupe. best- dc