1955/56 Roadmaster with factory straight 8?

Guest Roadmaster

Guest Roadmaster

I met a guy at a show last week that claimed his father once had a 1955/56 Roadmaster that originally had a straight 8 in it. I thought in 1953 this changed. He said his dad special ordered it because he thought the straight 8 was a much better engine. He also said the engine was painted more of a green color instead of blue. Is this possible or was he just blowing smoke up my tailpipe? shocked.gif" border="0

Guest Howard Purvis

It's hard to know what the guy had been smoking or into whose tailpipe he was exhaling, but the last 320 cid straight eight was in a 1952 70 series. <P>Howard Purvis

Guest Roadmaster

The guy told me his father special ordered the straight 8 for his 55/56 Roadmaster. Oh well. Thanks for saving my sanity.

Getting past events confused happens to many people. Good examples are the many times that a person came up to my '55 Buick at a car show, and said, "I used to own a Pontiac (or Oldsmobile, Chevy...) just like yours." These were men who were old enough to remember my car when it was new. <BR>The person described in this forum may have been remembering the 1953 model year, when both a Straight 8 and a V8 were available in a Buick, depending on what series was ordered.<BR>AK Buickman............