1970 Toronado tech manual

Please help,

I'm looking a tech manual, any tech manual for a 1970 Toronado GT. Haynes manuals only start with the second gen. cars and Chiltons does not carry a book for this car either. I'd be extatic if I could find a fleet service manual or equivalent for the car but at this point I'll take what ever I can get that covers these first gen. cars.

What you need are the factory issued 1970 Oldsmobile service manuals. Three- the Chassis Service Manual (which is being reproduced and easily available), the Fisher Body manual, and the 401 New Product Service Information Manual. The CSM and Fisher are essential. The 401 isn't but is nice to have. You might have to spend $100 or so, but they are the stuff the dealer techs used to service the cars. Search ebay- they're on there all the time.

Haynes manuals are useless IMHO. If you could find an old Chilton or Motor's Professional Edition, those are way better than the Haynes but still not as thorough as the factory stuff.

The Toronado Chapter OCA also had the original 1966-70 product information manuals reprinted which are what the factory used to assemble the cars. Those are still available at about $50 or so I think, and the guy who handles those sales owns a 1970 GT and knows them inside out.

PM me and I'll give you his name and number. I don't really like posting them on the forums.