Suspension on 93 Park Avenue

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

My leveling pump on my Park Ave runs quite a bit. I was wondering if the rear shocks are leaking. It seems like they dont level the car. I checked at the local parts house and new shock are $150 apiece. Any one know of a less expensive way to keep the auto leveling system working. I am going to get under the car and see if they are leaking or the pump isnt working.

Those rear air shocks are really air struts. Unlike the front struts, the rear ones can't be re-cartridged or such, just replaced. If the air bag on the strut is leaking or there's a leak in the air supply lines, it will make the pump run more than normal. Might also be the height sensor on the rear suspension too, or some of its linkage.

Make sure that if you get any aftermarket struts, that their air line connections are compatible with the factory lines or can be easily adapted via extra adapter fittings to the new air struts. Unfortunately, not too many options except to repair the system to keep it operational.

NTX5467

My 92 Park Avenue did this back in the winter. In the summer, it would only do it, when the rear of the car was parked downhill. It would shutoff after a while. A few months ago- I took out the fuse to the air suspension, as when I would go over a even bump, one side seemed to bounce more than the other side. My car does set low in the back, if I have a lot of groceries in the trunk, or a full tank of gas- but it still rides fine, unless I have a heavy load in the trunk- then it bottoms out a little. I reinstalled the fuse a while back, and it seemed to ride a little rough- as if it had too much air in the struts. I took out the fuse again and it started riding better after a while. Now it sets a little lower in the back than the front again, but still rides smooth, although the rear is a little bouncy, but I guess that is about normal for a big Buick. I have the car for sale and maybe even sold, so I am probably going to reinstall the fuse for the new owner. If your motor will not stop - try taking out the fuse and see how it rides. It may bottom completely out if you have leaking struts. Good luck.