Cruise in south Florida?

Idle Swede

Guest Skyking

I lived in Florida for more than 3 years. Most of their cruises were in the fall, winter and spring. Not too may cruises in the summer months. Then once the cruise season did begin some people didn't want to take their cars out due to the salt air. I like them in Rhode Island much better. We squeeze 12 months of cruising into 4............

Been looking around for them down heremyself, although the BigRed doesn't seem to be quite ready yet. Closest thing I've seen to a regular gathering is the Tower Lot in Plantation (Broward). Lots of neat rides out there on Friday nights though Buicks area a rarity. Will do my part as soon as I'm able!<P>-Rob

It's not South Florida, but if you want to make a weekend of it, come up to Old Town in Kissimmee. They have a cruise every Saturday night for cars up to and including 1972. You'll see a few antiques, street rods, muscle cars, and a handful of Buicks. Old Town is an "entertainment" complex built to look like an old town. Shops, restaurants, etc. are there. The cars actually cruise up the brick street. Quantity of cars varies, 300 to 500, but for the Anniversary Cruise it gets over 1000. Arrive early. There are motels adjacent to Old Town. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try and find their website.

Sorry for the late post Swede. I actually had a tough time finding any documentation for it myself, most info was word of mouth.<P>Take 95 south to 595 west.<BR>Take 595 west to University drive.<BR>Tower Shopping center is in the southeast portion of the intersection of 595 and University. Usually lots of neat old iron, as well as a few gatherings of late model Impalas and PT Neon^h^h^h^h(oops)Cruisers.<P>I won't be able to make it today (rainy anyhow and top is leaking like a sieve) but will probably be there next week. Have fun!<P>-Rob