Paint question for 1956 Olds

Does anyone know the exact factory name and color code for the turquoise color that was used on the 1956 Super 88? Any and all help appreciated. TIA

Rick,Thanks for the reply. I am looking at a '56 and trying to figure out what it would take to fix it up so that it would be identical to one that I previously had. In this regard, the color is quite important. AutoColorLibrary shows a Turquoise Poly for 1956, #11132, but this color looks much darker than the one that I had before, and mine was the original factory paint....maybe it is just my screen that makes it look darker. Do you suppose that the Turquoise Metallic that you mentioned and the Turquoise Poly are one and the same?

RobertRe,

Yes, those two colors are one and the same. Both are Code 70. Certain paint manufacturers like Ditzler, RM and some others would use the name Poly, while others referred to it as simply Metallic. I looked at the Auto Color Library chip on line and it is indeed much darker than my chip and also what I recall it being. Auto Color Library On-line is a great source information, but I never rely on the chips showing correctly on the screen. I'm confident my chip is accurate.

I'm not sure what I recommend you do, other than for you to contact your local automotive paint supplier and ask if they have chips for this year of Oldsmobile. I know I can have the paint mixed here in Harrisburg, PA. by my supplier. Should you need additional help with this, contact me at rahoover@att.net and I can arrange to send you one of my chips, providing you return it afterwards.

Hope this helps, Rick

Rick,Thanks for your very thorough reply and offer to help even more.The local paint folks do not have the color chips for 1956 but had previously told me that they should be able to mix the paint if I could provide them with the exact color name and code number. Since your chips are lighter than the ones on the AutoColorLibrary website, and sound more like the actual color that I recall, and since I now know the factory color name and code, I will try to have a small amount mixed next week and have it sprayed on a fairly large piece of metal. If the color turns out ok, my paint problem will be solved, thanks in large part to you. If it does not turn out right, no harm done....at least I will have a reasonable starting point.If I decide to go ahead with a limited resto of the '56, I will probably, and with hat in hand, have other questions for the forum members from time to time and I can only hope that the other members will be as helpful and as willing as you have been.Thanks again!