1935-1937 Ford Pickup Fenders

Who hasn't looked for them, who doesn't need them. Many many people have and continue to look for a workable pair of steel rear fenders. The thing is, how many assholes threw perfectly good sets away because they were "acky"? The answer would be alot. And then there are the assholes who are responsible for the prices being what they are today, mostly unaffordable to the average builder. Most people are also very lazy and fail to locate a set because they cant motivate themselves to go out and look for themselves. Instead they post on a thing like this, hoping someone will find the parts and bring them to them. HA HA HA. You would be suprised what you found if you got out there and looked for yourself. Believe me, they are out there, and they can be found at reasonable prices too. But you will have to get out there for yourself and find them. Recently I went to a swap meet with the intent of walking out with a pair of all steel fenders. I walked around all day going to every vender i saw. Then i found this old man selling tons of fenders, grilles, hoods, and misc parts. I stopped and talked to him asking about what he didn't bring with him. He said "You and everyone else wants them." I thought to myself "No [censored]", and walked off thinking of that [censored] and his crazy prices. Chance would have it that the next vendor had a pair of fenders that looked right. I walked over and looked at them, then it clicked, those were it. The parts i set out to get were right in front of me, and for only $500 the pair. They had an extra flange bolted to hold them out farther, but the fenders were not damaged by it. I kept on walking down the line looking for more, but finally i had covered most vendors, and discovered those were the only pair of steel ones there not on a truck. I walked back and started chatting to this guy, a real nice guy who knew his trade and does old car body work. I talked him down to $400 and he keeps the extra brackets. Deal. So i got a few wrenches and started unbolting the flanges. It took an hour to do in the hot midday sun, but it was worth it. As i payed the man and set off,Igrinned and imagined these things on my finished truck. I tell you, that was a damn good feeling to walk those 2 miles out of the show to my dads truck and load those up. The whole point of this post is to encourage people to go out and look for themselves, If a 16 year old could do it, there should be no problem for a grown person to locate a set for a modest price.