Need Radio/Power Antenna Help

neilvw

I just replaced my broken antenna with a used Reatta one and before I even hooked it to the antenna cable I noticed a very load crackling sound when I turned on radio....Reason I say this is when I hooked up the antenna cable of the used unit I can get stations so antenna is working but I still am getting some very load crackling noise and I know station signal is VERY strong....The cracking is even very loud when the volume is set at very low level and the crackling stays at same level even when station volume is turned up.....Sooooo....I am hoping someone else has solved this problem cause its either a problem with my radio itself, my antenna, antenna cable, ground...ect..????...I know nothing about radios!!!!

Edited by neilvw (see edit history)

I should have searched forum more thoroughly...I see now there is a repair for crackling radios that involves replacing capacitors....Most symptom's posted seem to very close to what I am experiencing so I am leaning toward doing the repair posted on the other Reatta forum....Soooooo....Just have the following questions now...

1) Where is the radio module located in a 1989?...center console on drivers side?

2) Does anybody know any vendor in SoCal that fixes these for a reasonable price?...my solder skills are VERY BAD!!