leaking water manifold HELP!

hello all.

The other day I'm filling up the radiator to get the car ready to start up for the first time in 2 years. The water reached the top of the water pump/bottom of water manifold, it leaked! I installed a new o-ring but I guess it was the wrong type. So I went back to the auto parts store...that was an experience. I'll spare you all the details, but after finally finding parts listings for the 364 Buick motor, there is no listing for an o-ring of any kind. Am I looking for the wrong part? Are there supposed to be 2 o-rings? Please help me out! Flint is comming up FAST!

-Dominic Martinelli

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Buick World 360-825-3787, Bob's Automobilia 805-434-2963, or Cars, Inc. 908-369-3666 all have it. It is the "O" ring for the water manifold. Buy several ones, to keep a space. I coated mine with vasoline to make it slip on and seal better.

All three companies have Buick Parts Catalogs available.

Scott Mich BCA # 6619, OCA # 3947

Thanks Scott!

I called Buick World today and ordered 2. The gentleman answering the phone told me to use vasiline and set it in the water pump houseing, not over the end of the manifold itself. They are shipping it via Priority Mail and I should have it by Tuesday! Thank you for your help!

-Dominic