Rest in Peace, Tony Gullo

Those of us in the Houston, Texas area lost a tremendous friend to the hobby this week -- Tony Gullo. He died at age 90, surrounded by his family and holding the hand of his wife of 70 years. Tony's last words were reported as, "It's been a good run." Tony was a well-respected legend around here, known for his five new-car dealerships, as well as his private museum with some 220 cars on display -- all nicely to perfectly restored, ranging from the teens and 20s to the modern era. And perhaps even more importantly, Tony was known for his generous support of charities benefitting needy children, veterans and others. He was a cheerful and friendly man, and always had time to sit in the diner built into his museum and talk about cars with his many visitors. He was a good man who'd done well in life and shared it with others. I last saw him at Keels and Wheels just six weeks ago, where two of his cars won awards. I shook his hand in congratulations, and he smiled. I'll remember that smile. May he rest in peace.

image.png.e4958165c5645b12fc9df947bdbc1837.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1