Ten Thousand Unrestored Classic Cars

This well known wrecking yard is little overwhelming.

Too bad the narrator/photographer isn't a little more knowledgeable, but, for someone his age, I guess he's doing as well as can be expected.

An older guy might not make it wandering around for an hour in 100+ degree heat.

• Like 2

It's an interesting video. 

Appears cars are well picked over, and it's interesting that almost every car shown has the hood taken off, and a lot of them have doors removed and either missing or stowed inside car.  

Has anyone here saved a car out of this yard?  

3 hours ago, trimacar said:

It's an interesting video. 

Appears cars are well picked over, and it's interesting that almost every car shown has the hood taken off, and a lot of them have doors removed and either missing or stowed inside car.  

Has anyone here saved a car out of this yard?  

They have another section of the yard that offers cars for sale that have not yet had parts removed.

The cars in the video are mostly down to sheet metal and the frame. 

It would be a stretch to say I drooled over the idea of visiting this place, but it did titillate my curiosity gland.

Being from Phoenix, and spending a composite total of years in the deserts around the area, I can understand why it would be a Mecca for storage of anything subject to rust and rot.

But, I did not go without notice that nowhere in the vide did the fellow mention a name, phone number, contact information to gain access to the cars.

And, most noticeably, the fact that, although many of the cars have been picked over, and not all are the models or years sought after for use by a collector, or person doing a restoration, there are some parts there that should have been removed 50 years ago while the cars were still in relatively good shape.

I checked on Google to see if this place still existed, and if so, could we buy parts, either in person or at a internet store, and the only auto wrecker in Casa Grande, Arizona is a dealer named Wellington Auto Salvage, at phone numbe 1-520-836-6225, and, sadly, they neither have 10,000 cars in their yard, nor have they ever heard of a wrecking yard in Casa Grande which does.

I will never venture out of Washington State again, and, even though I would like to prowl the place, I will probably never get to do so.

But, knowing more about it is as interesting as redoing the Belflex spring hangers or putting a new water cover on my Willys engine.

In that vein, anyone with information on this place, or who has actually bought parts there, please add to this thread and lets us know more.

Jack

Ok, here I sit all face eggish.

After my previous post I done more research and have obtained the following information.

During the very first minutes of the video the fellow does name the wrecking yard as the Desert Valley Auto Wreckers, or something similar to that. He also places them in Casa Grande, Arizona.

So, using that I did determine that the wrecking yard does still exist and is still doing business a their three yards in the Casa Grande area.

Without further ado, I will add that they do have a current phone number (1-800-905-8024) which is answered by a person (who asked not to be named) and will answer any questions regarding pricing and purchase of their parts.

https://www.dvap.com/our-inventory/
Jack

Edited by Jack Bennett (see edit history)
  • Like 1