1951 Pontiac Chieftain General questions and Knowledge

Looking to Perform a tune up on My Chief. trying to figure something pretty basic out. Ive got new plug wires coming shortly and I have pulled the spark plug wire bracket off. How Do i get the wires in and through to come out of the arched area. I have tried to pull them through but is proving to be very difficult.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 3.17.07 PM.png

I did mine by pulling them straight through until I had enough slack to plug them into the distributor cap.Stick them through the holes just like you have the bracket positioned. It will help if you put a little brake fluid or liquid soap on them to help them slide through the holes,especially if they are really tight.Just go slow and you'll get it.

Looking to replace the points in the distributor as part of the Tune-up i'm performing...As i am relatively new to the "working on my own car" world. Ive heard new points are not made very well and wondering is a set of NOS Delco Remy of the correct part number (1918148) Contact set would be better that getting a new set of points?

Im trying to keep it as original as I possibly can but I also want parts that function for as long as possible and are high quality.