North west tour

JACK M

I don't think I will get in any trouble posting this email that I received from Bettye.

Hello everyone,

Our September Tour on Whidbey Island is taking shape.  Many of you have already received notice of the tour; however, there are new members of the national PAS who live in our region, and this is our personal invitation to them to join us!

Dates             September 18-22, 2024

Host Hotel    The Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center

33175 State Route 20

Oak Harbor, WA  98277

360-679-4567 – ask for the Pierce-Arrow group rate

Room Rate   $139 per night – includes breakfast

The hotel also has sufficient free parking for trucks and trailers.

Whidbey Island offers many opportunities for touring – possibilities include a BBQ at the Andersons; a tour of South Whidbey Island, lunch in Langley, and a garage tour; a drive to LaConnor, Bellingham, and garage tour; Anacortes, Port Townsend, Friday Harbor…  For more information about the area, here’s a link: https://whidbeycamanoislands.com/

Saturday evening, as always, will be a Farewell Banquet.  The Hospitality Room, located adjacent to the breakfast area, will be open each day for visiting, questions, camaraderie and, of course, snacks!

As the tour takes shape, more information will be provided.  We look forward to seeing you!

Bill and Bettye Gluth
PO Box 15
Kingston WA  98346-0015
360/500-7935

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have cruised with the PNW region twice now and it should be pointed out that they do not look down their noses at other makes joining in.

I have seen Packards, Buicks, Cadillacs, Franklins, even a post war Lincoln among others, all just having fun together.

So, if anyone is curious to spend a few days in the PNW sightseeing the beautiful islands up there you should think about making the trip.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was stationed at NAS Whidbey Island 2006-2008. A great location for an old car tour!  Lots of interesting places to visit, great scenery and 2 lane country roads with speed limits amenable to our cars. It’s the PNW so always be prepared for rain sprinkles, but Whidbey lies within the rain shadow provided by the Olympic Mountain range to the west. Sunsets are spectacular in summer/fall as I recall

• Like 2

• 3 months later...