1934 Packard Victoria

I have a friend who resides out of the country, this friend called me late last night and told me that his next door neighbor showed up yesterday in a 1934 Packar Victoria and that he is willing to sell it if he has a descent offer(he is mainly interested in early Chevrolets). I do not know much about this Packard and the research that I have been doing has not turned up much. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the vehicle can be easily imported into the US, I already have someone to take care of that. How rare is it?How much would this car be worth?. I have pictures of the car that my friend took. Please help. Thanks.

regarding "how much is it worth".

Let me interject a little humor before giving you a serious answer....when you are trying to sell a car...the REAL question...is "how much money does the buyer HAVE"....!

Seriously, most people like to think that the OLD CAR VALUE GUIDE published by "OLD CARS WEEKLY" is about the most widely accepted "standard" of value. Trouble is.....there are so many examples that even this so called "standard" is at best a guide-line.

I suggest you get a copy, which includes a summary of how to describe a car's condition. Obviously, a car that is a low-mileage "original" car, that was properly maintained during its service life, and then properly prepared for long-term storage in a secure, climate-controled enviornment, so that it is "all there" and ready for service as an automobile and/or display as a "driver", is going to be worth a bit more than some poor hulk that was just shut off, parked, and left to rot, so that it is no longer a useable automobile, and wont be without MANY tens of thousands of restoration dollars.

So - the OLD CAR VALUE GUIDE is a good place to start, in learning more about how to assess values. You will also find people recommending HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS, where you will find all sorts of information, including "cars for sale" under various headings, and "asking" prices.

Good luck on your attempt to learn more about the old car hobby, and the values involved !

• 2 weeks later...

Asides from the condition, I would guess you need to determine which model it is... a Twelve would be worth considerably more than a Super Eight, which in turn would be worth more than an Eight. Though any of them in decent condition would be worth quite a bit. Victorias, in any series, are among the expensive models you can find.

victor.