'39 Ford Reference Material

Looking for reference material to help with the resto of my '39 Ford wagon, particularly color info for the brackets and miscelaneous interior metal parts, ie steering column.  Also looking for a source for hardware for securing the wood to the various metal pieces.

Thanks.

Brendan, The Early Ford V-8 Club has a 1938-1939 restoration book available and would highly recommend purchasing it. I have the 1941-1948 book and it has a special Station Wagon section that lists all the colors, including paint codes, so I would guess the '39 book has the same. As far as the screws are concerned, most of the hardware for your car were slotted wood screws. Slotted screws are getting harder and harder to find but I purchased much of my hardware from McMaster-Carr. If you can find an older hardware store they might have slotted screws. Are you a member of the National Woodie Club?

46woodie, thanks for the response.  I do have the 38-39 book but it doesn't have much info on woodies.  I get hardware from Mcmaster-Carr too.  I was hoping that someone might have kits or something specific for woodies as my car was not totally together when i got it so I'm not sure I have all the hardware.  I know that's probably wishful thinking.  Yes, I am a member of the NWC.

Brendan, I can give you the paint code for the "Woodie Brown" that is listed in the '41-48 book, but I'm not sure the color is the same for the 1939. Where are you located, Jeff Yeagle is in PA and has a 1940 and might have the answers you are looking for.  As far as kit's are concerned I have never seen one available.