1952 Pontiac Chieftain DeLuxe - $8000

Hi there, I'm selling my 1952 Pontiac Chieftain DeLuxe. Just seeing if anyone out there is looking for one, I had big plans for it but I just don't have the time to finish. I'm going to paste what I wrote for a local ad. If you are in Florida and interested I'd love to show it and I can transport it for a small fee. More photos available if interested.

-----------

Hi there, I am offering my 1952 Pontiac Chieftain DeLuxe. It has the Pontiac Straight-8 under the hood paired with a hydramatic transmission. It is 100% complete, no chrome trim or parts missing. Interior is in excellent shape with no rips or tears. Body is fairly solid, there is rust in the driver side floor board and body filler in the rear wheelwells. Frame is perfect. I bought this car expecting that I could fix it up and drive it, but I have run out of time to work on it and need to see it go. Will you be this car's savior?

List of parts & things I've done to the car:

Rebuilt carburetor
Rebuilt Distributor
Rebuilt Starter
Rebuilt fuel pump
New spark plugs
New ignition coil
New engine belt
New fuel lines
New 6-volt Battery
And more.

After all this I still couldn't get the car reliable enough to drive around very far. The straight-8 has to be one of the pickiest and needy motors I've ever worked on. Just so you know this car will need to be trailered. I have transport available for a small fee if needed. I was going to swap to a 350 or better but I just don't have the time or the money for it at the moment. You can either rebuilt the old straight-8 or pull it and sell it, either way it comes with a lot of great and valuable parts.

I've already sourced some hard to find parts that you will get upon purchase. Things such as the sun visor that goes over the windshield. (VERY hard to find these days.) I also have a book filled with parts that are readily available to order from California Pontiac Restoration.

I try to be as open as I can when selling a car. Come have a look at it, kick the tires, ask any questions you have. It's not perfect by any means and will take a fair bit of work to get it 100% reliable again but it's all possible.

Thanks for looking.

unnamed (4).jpg

Edited by MercMontMars (see edit history)