Loctite Usage.. Do you use it or not ?

I am rebuilding my 64 Rambler wagon and have a question. Do any of you use Loctite on your nuts and bolts ?<BR>I am thinking about putting it on all my suspension, chassis and engine bolts. Not the stud cement but the kind you can loosen with a wrench if you need to.<BR>Any opinions or comments ?<BR>Thanks<BR>Jack

Dont get me wrong, I am going to use lockwashers, castlenuts, cotterpins etc. as a mechanical lock. I was just going to use Loctite as a extra percaution.<P>Jack

Read the instructions carefully. There are several grades of Loctite and some are pretty strong. I always use the original mechanical locks, lock washers, castle nuts with cotter pins, etc., and if the part is one that will not be coming apart as a routine will apply a dab of Loctite. It is good stuff. On the other hand, I agree with Jeff on some parts where disassembly ease at some future date may be desired, anti-seize may be prefered, but watch out for that lubricant where precision torques are required.

I used these Loctite products sometimes and they work good but I am not sure if I would use it at the suspension, chassis, shocks and these important things. I prefer at these places lock washers, lock nuts or castle nuts with cotters.<P>Tom<P>------------------<BR>Thomas Borchers<BR>Member of AACA # 004829<BR>HCCA and MAFCA