94 Olds Conv Windshield Gasket

I just had the conv. top replaced (yes the new top does leak). While it was in the shop having the top replaced I had the frame around the windshield repainted (Paint chipping off). The body shop guy pointed out that the trim gasket around the windshield was shrinking an pullung away from the corners near the top of the windshield. I said sure replace it if it does not cost too much. After all what could this small rubber gasket cost. Well it has been several weeks now and the dealer has sent over several wrong parts. Today the dealer told me that the gasket would cost $625.00 (Not A Typo). I cannot beleive that anyone would pay that much for a small gasket about 3/8" wide that fills the space between the windshield glass and the windshield frame. It seems to be mostly for looks and not to make the windshield water tight. The gasket in question is on the outside and runs up one side of the frame across the top and down the other side. Think of a U shape with a flattened bottom. I hope someone can either give me the correct part number or an alternative replacement. lmuise@rochester.rr.com

Thank you, but softseal does not seem to have mush of anything that new. I found out that the correct part costs < $50 but GM discontinued the part Jan 03 and none of the dealers seem to have one left.