FS 1936 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall - Ebay

Very Rare 1936 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall.  1 of approximately 100 made and about 20 remaining. This is the 2nd year they were made with approximately 75 made in 1935.  I have collected and tracked 1936 Suburbans for the last 30 years and these rarely come up for sale.  This one is largely complete including original engine.  I have both doors and the upper and lower tailgate section.  The tailgate sections are unique to the Suburban and very hard to find.  The wood framing is rotted will need to be redone.  The front drivers seat, passenger folding seat and 2nd row seat are present.  Missing is the 3rd row seat frame and upper seat springs.  I have the front bumper that will go with the truck.  This will require a full restoration, but is worthy as restored examples go for over $100,000.  Why I'm selling - I have 3 other projects that I would like to complete and I just won't get to this in time and would like to see this go to a caretaker who can restore it properly.  This is a rare vehicle worth doing well. 

Ebay Listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/195877016844     I'm the owner. More pictures on Ebay.

Sold with bill of sale only and is available for inspection.  I'm located in Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.   

DSC_0038.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1936 Chevy Suburban Carryall. I bought this to build it in my style, after realizing how rare these are ( see Shawn's post above) I decided to put it up for sale, someone might be interested in keeping it stock. Original paint and no rust (except surface). Missing tailgate. Most of the wood is there and can be used as a template. Lots of extra parts 3 extra sets of fenders, 2 radiators, dash, grill, bumpers, 2 extra sets of hoods and some wheels. If interested in vehicle or parts I can be reached at mc3lva1n@outlook.com. Thanks Bob.        I'm located in Southern Oregon, Suburban has a Oregon Title in my name.

image.jpeg

DSCF1225.JPG

DSCF1227.JPG

DSCF1228.JPG

DSCF1245.JPG

DSCF1247.JPG

DSCF1233.JPG

DSCF1238.JPG

Bob, 

That is a great project for someone.   It looks complete and the lack of rust is a big benefit for the next person. My Suburban sold and will be going to the new owner next week.  I saw on the dash you don't have the body tag. Is there one on the passenger side door rail?  I'm finding it appears there was multiple places. Some had them and others may have not.  There are about 20 that I've tracked out of 100 or so built. I have recently heard maybe 500 were built, but I haven't seen the reference yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Shawn. Could not find any body tag. Oregon state Police did a vin search and could not find one, they used the # on the motor for the title. That's how some of the vehicles were titled back then. The guy I purchased it from said he only knows of 8 still in existence, since you have been tracking them for 30 plus years you have a good feel of what's out there, either way they are really rare. 

On 12/15/2023 at 11:50 AM, Trucker Bob said:

1936 Chevy Suburban Carryall. I bought this to build it in my style, after realizing how rare these are ( see Shawn's post above) I decided to put it up for sale, someone might be interested in keeping it stock. Original paint and no rust (except surface). Missing tailgate. Most of the wood is there and can be used as a template. Lots of extra parts 3 extra sets of fenders, 2 radiators, dash, grill, bumpers, 2 extra sets of hoods and some wheels. If interested in vehicle or parts I can be reached at mc3lva1n@outlook.com. Thanks Bob.        I'm located in Southern Oregon, Suburban has a Oregon Title in my name.

image.jpeg

DSCF1225.JPG

DSCF1227.JPG

DSCF1228.JPG

DSCF1245.JPG

DSCF1247.JPG

DSCF1233.JPG

DSCF1238.JPG

Is your suburban still forsale,  I sent an email, thankyou