new exhaust for my 94

I am lookin into a new exhaust system for my 94 regal custom. Right now it has just the stock exhaust. I wanna add a little more power. Any suggestions on what type of an exhaust I can go with to add a little more power to my baby.

Guest brh

This goes back some years but I believe if you go with dual exhuast (no headers) you should expect a 5% increase in power. Will you notice it, probably not. I put duals on my car for power and to help the engine "breathe" better. I can't say I could feel any difference. If you go with headers too I think you'll pickup a total of 7%. Again, this was many years ago. You might try posting on the performance section, I'll bet these guys have those numbers for ya.

Check out www.grandprixstore.com to get an idea of what's out there and at what general pricing. Headers, Random Technology catalytic converter, DynoMax and Borla cat-back exhaust systems, cold air intakes, etc . . . it's all out there if you have the money to partake. The only signifigant difference in the Grand Prix/Monte Carlo/Impala and the Regals and Intrigues of the same year is the 110.5" wheelbase on the NASCAR vehicle platforms (GP & MC) whereas the Buicks and Olds models are about 109". The Grand Prix Store site has parts for the non-Pontiacs too.

Also, you can check the DynoMax Exhaust site for bolt on cat-back systems, plus the main websites for the other manufacturers too. There used to be a site with nothing but performance links for the W-cars but I haven't been able to find it.

For discussions and other information on mods for these cars, you might check out www.regalgs.org. Lots of performance upgrade information in there! Also check the www.3800performance.com website link from the www.regalgs.org website too. There are links to the manufacturers' websites at that site also.

Happy shopping!

NTX5467