For Sale: 1959 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 85K miles - $8,500 - Midland, TX - Not Mine

For Sale: 1959 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 85K miles - $8,500 - Midland, TX -

1959 Edsel Ranger - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

It runs and drives with good power but I think the engine could use a rebuild. It's a 292 Y Block Ford with a 2 speed automatic transmission. There were only 14k made from what I understand. Edsel Ford was Henry Ford's son and they only made Edsel cars for 3 years.
This car might be complete. Interior is very nice. It'll start up pretty easily. I've only driven it within a block of my house though. It was in a barn for many years of its life. It has new brakes and lines, a new battery, air conditioning I believe will work with a charge, new bands and clutches in the transmission. Gauges don't work. It's still needs a little work to be daily driven. After it gets warm it knocks at really low idle. It might just need an oil pump but I'd figure on new bearings and it could be something else completely, Im really not 100% sure. If you just start it and listen to it without getting it warm it sounds fine. It has good power. I've never opened it up, just cruised it. It does have some rust, more so on the lower driver's side exterior. Not on the interior that I've seen. Passenger side has some but not as bad.  On the off chance that you'd want to ls swap it I do also have something for that.   Open to offers. odometer: 85000
Copy and paste in your email:  e0b4d6f101993c27952d2d3a50624b85@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 12,814 1959 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan built.

'59 Edsel Ranger tX a.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger tX b.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger tX c.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger tX d.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger tX e.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger tX f.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger tX g.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger tX h.jpg