Replacing Body mounts

Shootey

What experience do you have on replacing rubber body mounts without removing the body?  Mine are original and pretty poor. I was told that there is a risk of skewing things with a result of poor door fit. What would the proper procedure be?  The mounts on the outside body brackets seem more accessible than the ones on the frame rails. Thanks. 

Well, you don't mention what year and vehicle you are working on, but I replaced the body mounts on my 1946 Ford Station wagon with out removing the body. It was during the restoration so everything was out of the body and the fenders removed. I loosened all the body bolts and lifted each spot that a mount was near with a small bar. I slid the old bushing out and slid the new one in and replaced the bolt. I didn't notice anything different when they were all tightened down.

I actually didn't notice much of a difference, but in all fairness the mounts were not bad when I replaced them. I just figured that if I'm restoring everything, else why not the body mounts.

• Like 1