1923 BUICK IN FEBRUARY BUGLE

Terry Wiegand

Pete Phillips sent me a copy of the February Bugle with Luke Chennell's 1923 Model 41 article in it.  That car is really amazing in the respect that it is almost 100% original and is a really unusual bodied automobile.  He took the photo of our cars when we had our D-45 out for its first drive out of town after getting it all back together.  I simply cannot thank him enough for the help he gave with getting the Marvel carburetor adjusted so that the engine could be started and then get it dialed in to the point that the engine starts and runs really well.  He did a very nice job with highlighting the details about the '23 Buicks and talking about his car in some detail.  The very last sentence tells it like it is with these cars  -  "it takes some ingenuity and skills to keep something like this on the road, but the enjoyment is well worth the time spent."  That is an understatement of the highest order!  I am here to say that it takes both hands, both feet, and then some to guide one these automobiles down the road.  People honking, waving, and hollering at you makes for an unforgettable experience.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

• Like 11