LED Lamps to replace gas headlights?

I recently bought a car that has the gas burners in the headlights with tiny but very bright LED Bulbs. Where can I find these?

It might be even better if there were twin filaments for high and low beams?

Also pigtail sockets for 1137 LED Bulbs with twin filaments. For wiring up sidelights and tail lights? I can find these bulbs on Amazon

Bill

You can dissect a Model T, but you can't kill it!

Edited by CatBird (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

Oh……….! My attention span is getting shorter and shorter, and the amount of space freed up in my over worked brain is Great!

But, the reason I visited your thread was to put in my two cents regarding your gas headlamps.

I had to convert my old cars to LED’s for the sole reason the incandescent bulbs didn’t produce enough light to see more than a few feet ahead of the car. And, based on my experience with LED headlights, at this point I would hesitate to advise anyone to make the switch.

In the case of a car, already equipped with period correct gas headlamps, unless you do a lot of night driving, I’d swap the existing LED’s for some with more brilliance…..but I would leave the gas headlamps installed and intact.

Those have to be great conversation pieces, and I love to talk to people about the oddities of my old cars, so I’d get a million miles of talk about the headlamps alone.