'20s Frame Number

Fr. Buick

I've spotted a Buick frame from what looks like mid 20's: parallel front springs, cantilevar rears, etc. ID tag reads 1017388. Can anyone identify for me?<P>I'm looking to use it to put back together a 25 roadster, model 24 with a butchered frame. <P>Grateful for any help!

My limited reference materials indicate engine numbers only. They suggest that your frame is a 1923 model. Engine numbers for 1923 ran from 900160 to 1090356<P>I know that Buicks did not have matching numbers -- but understand that the engine and frame numbers are usually close. Perhaps someone else has more information. The BCA member roster used to publish this short of information.<P>My book also indicates two wheelbases that year, 118" and 124".

I agree with all of Bill's information above.<P>My 1923 has engine # 998878 and frame # 958229. If the difference between these two numbers is roughly constant throughout the model year, you could add this number (40319) to the engine numbers Bill listed and come up with rough frame numbers for 1923 of <P>940479 to 1130675<P>I know Buick built its millionth car in 1923 but I never knew if it was engine number or frame number that was tracked as the millionth. I've heard it both ways.<P>Hope some of this helps.

By the way, 1924 was a major upgrade year for Buick with many new designs in the engine, chassis and body areas. I don't know if a '24 body will match up with what appears to be a '23 frame.<P>1916 to 1923 were very similar with 1919 to 1923 being almost unchanged.

Oops, I went the wrong way, I should have subtracted the 40319.<P>1923 frame numbers would then be 859841 to 105003 as a rough guess.