Speaker size???

jannelu

I wonder if someone know if the speakers from a Riviera 1965 will fit a Electra convertible 1965???

I have looked in the partsbook and the rearspeakers have the same partnumber:7290934 so that will fit for sure...

The frontspeakers have different partsnumbers...

Electra:7289354 and Riviera:7290974...

Anyone know if the frontspeaker will fit anyway???

I am asking because i know a place where they sell new made front and rearspeakers for Riviera and as i have a Electra i need to know that it will fit my car...

Brgds

Jannelu

The speakers might physically be of the same size or shape, BUT the difference could well be in the mounting bracket attachment they used. The rear speakers would probably have studs they slide over to be secured by nuts in the classic fashion, but the front speakers probably use a single bracket that bolts to the understructure of the instrument panel and holds the speaker in place that way. It's that bracket (and related items "made" to the speaker's magnet area) that would generate the different part number.

When I tried to remove the front speaker on my '68 5467, the soft rubber ring around the perimeter had glued itself to the underside of the instrument panel. I decided to leave it there rather than bend the metal getting it out. I put two speakers under the front edge of the dash instead.

There are shops that will recone your existing speakers. It could be that they will used upgraded materials to do that too. Be sure to put the black pellon fabric back over the top of the new speakers to keep the bugs and dirt out. A quality recone job might be the best alternative.

Enjoy!

NTX5467