Taillight Bezel

First off, hello all I'm new to this forums and don't want to seem rude just jumping in and asking questions. To start, I'm a 23 year old Olds freak. I currently own four Cutlass coupe models, one 77 Supreme, one 80 Supreme, one 85 Supreme, and one of the last 87 Salon with the 442 package. My dream is a 70 SX.

My question is where can I find a rear bumper for my 80 and the taillight bezels from a 78, I want to replaced the ones on my 80 for the 78's because they have a rocket in the center.

Any input wil be appreciated. Thanks all.

Don't worry about it. That's what the forum is for. We won't let you get totally rude, crude and socially unacceptable!

If the bumper isn't totally trashed, you should be able to have it rechromed. The 78 t/l bezels may be a little harder to find in nice shape as GM used poor quality chrome plating those years. I rarely see any used ones without nasty pitting.

Have you tried searching e-bay for these things? I got NOS bumpers and other chrome potmetal for my 74 Hurst off the electronic auction. If you have no luck finding NOS (new old stock) try to find chrome from southwestern US as it's usually pretty nice.

And there's always the Oldsmobile Club of America National Meet swap meet. This year in Cincinnati OH, July 9-12.

Good to see a young guy interested in Olds. There's also a lot of G-body traffic on www.oldspower.com .

Thanx Glen. I have tried e-bay with no luck as of yet. I know that the bezels are going to be hard to find but it'll be well worth it because I'm trying to built the 80 the way I think Olds should have done it. I've already swapped in a '76 350R engine which I know will last forever. As far as the bumper goes, It's rotted at the bottom so I don't think it's worth repairing. I think my best bet, like you said, would be the swap meet. I've been with OCA since I was 20 so I have heard this advice before it's just hard to get out of state that far unless I'm on active duty and they send me.(I'm Active Army Gaurd)

Thanx for the advice and the warm welcome. It's funny, I don't think I've ever meet a rude Olds guy before. It seems as though I've picked the perfect hobby/fetish if you can call it that.

Cheers!

Al