My Life Saver

cutlasguy

I had just completed a 150 mile drive from Scranton, and found myself trekking from the "Third" handicapped lot to the Car Corral". I took 220 pictures while  there,crouching  and squeezing between a plethora of spectators and motorized carts to frame them just right.  Finally,after picking up my packet, I attempted to get back to my car which, I was to discover, I wouldn't be able to find! I eventually made it to the last light standard by the stadium before my rear collapsed on it's concrete base as I gasped for air.

A nearby vendor asked me if I was alright, after which I replied that I had just walked continuously from beyond the Giant Center and was headed for the handicapped parking lot when my 78 year body began telling me that It didn't think I would make it.

Then came the best advice all day! " Flag down a golf cart piloted by an AACA driver" he said  "Just look for the sticker". A few minutes later one came by! The drivers name was "Dallas"

After I climbed aboard, "Dallas" proceeded to drive me around in search of my vehicle and ,after spending about a half hour of his must have been precious time, we found that "ubiquitous third lot" and my car in it!

Thank you "Dallas" and all of the helpful AACA volunteers (including the cider crew") for making my Hershey experience  one of the best  I ever had. You saved me to fight again!

Earl "Cutlasguy" Bailey

• Like 10